A Year in Furniture Purchases

As 2012 comes to a close, it's time to look back on the year and reflect. Have I grown this year? Did I learn new things? Did I achieve my goals?

Most importantly, does my home look better now than it did a year ago? To this last one, I can definitively say yes. As I have been trying to make interior design more than just a hobby in my life, I've been making a concerted effort toward my inevitable two-page spread in Architectural Digest (I've got double secret off-the-record unverified unconfirmed confirmation on this from a guy named Chuck who says he works at AD). Jon and I have been blessed with some generous wedding money, which has also helped the efforts. Our apartment today is more functional, practical, comfortable and beautiful, even if we are far from done.

Due to the aforementioned generosity in the form of gift cards, I am deeming 2012 the year of the store-bought new furniture, as most of our purchases came from big box companies. I always love to balance old and new, and now that our river of plastic money is finally running dry, next year my goal will be to hit the 2nd-hand markets hard. 

Below is a summation of a year's worth of furniture and home purchases. I love them all:

via

You had me at hello.


via

I've wanted you for so long.









via

Where have you been all my life?









via

Do you have any idea how sexy you are?










via


You complete me.








via

To me, you are perfect.




via

I can't live without you.
















via

I will love you forever.













You were worth the wait.








The one that got away.

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...