Artsy Fartsy

I'm always on an endless quest for good art that is affordable. Evidently this is an oxymoron because I just heard a collective chortle from Chelsea (gallery owners totally chortle).

Someday maybe I'll drop a year of my offspring's college tuition on some arranged acrylic but for now I'm just an computer browser window shopper. Yeah, I'm too lazy to actually go to galleries but I do check the dimensions online so I can visualize the scale. That's totally the same thing, right?

Here's a few pieces I've been digging lately. And don't judge, I'm no Gallery Girl.

Jean-Claude Terrier via
I see a person standing in a doorway. I see machinations. I see dead people. OK not that last one.


Lindsay Cowles via
This painting is a departure from Lindsay's typically vibrant color palette, but I love how it looks like an aerial of NYC on a dreary day. Lindsay also will make prints in varying sizes of mostly (if not all) of her paintings. So this one really is relatively affordable- check out her site!



Chad Wys


The spray paint gives this a street art vibe & contrasts the oil paint of the original portrait. There's probably some social commentary in there somewhere, but I don't really feel like analyzing my subconscious right now.


Jose Lerma via
I don't know why, I just do.


Air Is Not Enough, Himitsuhana via
This is a print of a photograph. This chick looks boozy, I dig it.

If you've noticed my taste has been devolving- time to class it up again...

Untitled, Xavi Carbonell via
This painting inspired my entire Living With Style pinterest board for the 1st Dibs contest. I just love the color combinations.


Carlo Van de Roer via
Serenity now. For some reason that circle makes it feel not boring.



El Secreto, Maria Berrio via
This feels so Klimt, doesn't it?



Aaaaaannnnd, just because this is Riot for Design and because I know you can handle it:

Fuck You (That Gun Is Always Loaded), Trey Speegle via
Really, someone ought to start a kickstarter fund for me for this one.  

You know, it's funny. I would be perfectly fine hanging swear words on my wall but I still blush at the thought of nude paintings. What about you- where do you draw the line?
Pin It!

2 comments:

Lindsay Cowles said...

Hi Beth! Thank you so much for the post!! I'm so happy that you found my work and that it speaks to you!!! I love the piece that you posted on. It definitely reminds me of NYC traffic!! I used to live there for quite some time, so the city is always inspiration to me. If you ever need anything, please feel free to email me! lindsaycowles@gmail.com

Thanks again!

Lindsay

Beth said...

Hi Lindsay! I meant to email you and let you know I posted on your piece! I really do love it (as I've told you before!). Right now my budget is more "print" than "original" but I'd love to stay in touch!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...