Collisions

I'm finally back from the back from the beach!  

It took 9 GD hours driving and we didn't get in until 3am.  I hate driving.

via

I don't know about you, but I am possibly the world's most neurotic/morbid driver.  At any given moment while I'm on the road, I can picture any number of horrific scenarios: a motherless toddler suddenly crawling into my lane, trucks squeezing me like a tick for sport, hydroplaning off the curve of an exit ramp even on perfectly dry pavement, a farm truck's open-air feathered cargo bursting from its secures and covering my windshield... I think I conceive my own death about once every 15 minutes. That is, if I'm lucid and not on the brink of falling asleep at the wheel.  Cars are my ambien.


When I spotted this art exhibit, Collisions, by Eyal Gever, it really hit home (pun regretfully intended). He designed software that simulates collisions to create these 3D sculptures:


Bus vs Car


Truck vs Truck



Truck vs Truck Side Crash


Bus vs Pillar


From the Artists' Statement on Eyal Gever's website:

I create sculptures based on sublime moments. These are moments that fill a person with amazement, awe, terror, astonishment, and silence. They are also moments of pure beauty....

...Beauty can come from the strangest of places, in the most horrific events. My art addresses these notions of destruction and beauty, the collisions of opposites, fear and attraction, seduction and betrayal, from the most tender brutalities to the most devastating sensitivities. I oscillate between these opposites.

Beautiful.  Now remind me to never go on a road trip with this guy. 
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...