I want it painted black...

I really want to paint the ceiling of my loft dark gray or black. 

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

How badass would my loft look with a dark ceiling?!!!

But it's a rental (boooooo).  Nothing can destroy a design boner like remembering you live in a rental, am I right?

There's no way I'm (Jon is) going to paint the entire ceiling black and then paint it back to white when we move out.  I wish we owned, but I can't imagine living anywhere else in the whole world, so I'll have to wait until our bank account catches up with my champagne dreams.

What do you think?  Are you a fan of the black ceiling or am I needlessly depressing myself?  Discuss.
Pin It!

4 comments:

The Huz said...

Those dogs seem to argue the latter.

Unknown said...

Looks great in the pictures, but black has a shrinking effect and makes the space look smaller in reality. That being said, smaller can feel more cosy and intimate. Also I'd suggest not going pure black, get a touch of funky. My bathroom (walls not ceiling) is painted in Blackbeauty, which appears black, but has a slight purplish undertones. Worth checking out if and when you do get into that champagne dream house.

Beth said...

That is a good point... I think it would work best in rooms w/ relatively high ceilings so it doesn't feel too claustrophobic. I was envisioning a smoky gray but I'll have to check out Blackbeauty! Thanks for the input :)

Unknown said...

You're right about the design boner and living in a rental. :(

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...