Tuesday Trend- Animal Sculptures

via

I'm feeling a little wild this week with no work to tame me, so I thought I'd wrangle together a collection of some of my favorite animal sculptures used in interior design.

Animal sculptures are a tricky thing- they can definitely fall into the creepy, taxidermic (is that a word?) downright-scaring-guests-away category.  However, the right piece can really make or break the design of a room.  Some designers layer in animal sculptures in a peek-a-boo manner while others choose to make them the focal point of a room.  Personally, I love the quirk, humor and unexpectedness of an animal sculpture- it's like a living punchline.

Joey's dog statue from Friends


What do you think?  Would you ever / do you decorate with animal sculptures?  Check out my faves and then let's discuss:




via

Anna Sui's on my side.



via
Hey buddy, save some room for my coffee. Jerk.


via
Don't be sheepish.




via


via


via
via
The above 3 images are examples of Francois-Javier Lalanne; the OG of sculptural animal design.


via
Kelly Wearstler rides the animal sculpture train... or horse, rather.


via


via

via


via
First reaction: Is that a deer? Yes, yes it is.

via
COUNT ME!


via
via
The pièce de résistance- a life-sized cowstriche (also featured here).  Design by Julie Hillman, clearly my soul sister.   This guy might be a little loco, but think of the possibilities!  I'd call him The Closer.  Why?  Why not.


So, what do you think?  Are you wild too?


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...