Purp

I don't know why, but lately I've been drawn to purple upholstery.  This is strange, because I hate super girlie design. OK I don't haaaate super girlie design, but when I see a pink & purple, white-trimmed living room, I cry a little for men. 

But seeing these amazing photos reminds me that you can add some edge to really pretty colors by messy-ing them up a little with pattern or earth tones.  Here are a few of my inspirations:

Betsy Burnham




David Duncan Livingston



































Designer Unknown via Erin Ever After


May Daouk for Architectural Digest

Timothy Haynes and Kevin Roberts via Elle Decor
Designer Unknown via Simply Seductive
Photo by Dan Duchars via RedOnline

Home of designer Harriet Maxwell McDonald via Elle Decor

Javier Castilla


Steven Volpe


Designer Unknown via Bohemian Nations


Designer Unknown via From the Right Bank
Nyla Free Designs

Purple can be cool, right?  It also makes for a fantastic blog background color, RIGHT??!!!

Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...