Tuesday Trend- Oversized Lamps

via

One of the best ways to add some visual interest to a room is to play with scale, be it lighting, art or furniture.  Most normal people play it safe in interior decorating and make the mistake of buying furniture and accessories that are too small.  Yeah I know the large vase is like twice as much as the small vase, but don't be a cheapy- bigger is better!  It makes your tiny-ass apartment look more spacious, ever if that sounds counter-intuitive (and even if you don't live in a tiny-ass apartment, but you probably do).

I'm rioting over oversized lamps this week (last week I liked this).  They are funny and a little obnoxious, two of my favorite traits (if you couldn't already tell).

Here are some of my faves:




via
This loft makes me happy.

via
Peek-a-boo.


via
Kind of curious about the gates...

via
via
BB: Hey Abigail Ahern- should I get a hot pink picnic table for my dining room?
AA: Sure, as long as you pair it with a matching floor lamp and pink floral curtains and wallpaper.  Abigail Ahern smokes the best peyote (does one smoke peyote?).



via
What you lookin' at?


via


via
via
I sense some lamp envy.


via
This is Abigail Ahern.  She's an awesome interior designer.  She really likes oversized lamps too.  We should be besties.


Thanks to Pixar and the Luxo lamp, I will forever personify these lamps.  They're like the best pet you'll ever have.


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...